JOB TYPE: Permanent full-time, immediate start
BFFs: Strategists & Client Services
PARTNERS IN CRIME: Designers & Copywriters
We’re on the search for an Associate Creative Director to join the Chello team.
The Associate Creative Director is the 2IC and working alongside our Creative Director, responsible for managing creative departmental leads. The role will collaborate with strategy and the leading teams to deliver creative campaigns and communications that can be translated across all formats. The ideal candidate will also have a strong passion for brands and an enthusiasm for bringing them to life across all touchpoints.
With experience in creative thinking, the Associate Creative Director will take creative briefs and insights through to delivering effective, creative work for clients and Chello’s own brand. This is an ideal role for a Design Director looking to take their next step into broader creative thinking, or an Art Director looking to flex their muscles.
To support the creative requirements of the business, projects will be distributed between the Creative Director and the Associate Creative Director to respond, lead and deliver. Key clients will also be distributed between the roles to lead and manage.
You’ll be responsible for
- Responding to new briefs and providing concepts & artwork to contribute to proposals and winning new work
- Pitching concepts and facilitating workshops
- Working with the Creative Director, Strategist and Client Services team in order to complete jobs successfully on deadline and to brief
- Collaborate with the motion and video teams to conceptualise and deliver creative
- Successfully delivering your creative vision for projects we propose to clients
- Overseeing and mentoring the video, motion and copywriting teams, helping them to continue to grow and develop their skills
- Assisting Client Services in the quoting phase by providing accurate time estimates for briefs
- Staying up-to-date with the industry to provide the team with references, styles and techniques to push creative ideas
- Successfully implementing new styles, techniques & technologies
We’re looking for someone who has some kick-ass traits:
- Strong leadership qualities managing direct reports
- Ability to be on the tools as required
- High-level understanding of creative service offerings and brand strategy
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong worth ethic
- Strong presentation and workshop skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team
And ideally, you’ll have experience looking something like this:
- Strong experience as an Art Director, Associate Creative Director, Design Director or similar
- Experience managing creative teams
- Experience presenting and running workshops
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Naturally curious
- Eagerness to win new business and solve campaign-related issues
- Trustworthy and has earned the respect of peers previously
- Passion for visual storytelling and adding value to clients
But primarily, you are a good human being who enjoys time with other good human beings.
If this sounds like you, you might be our future Associate Creative Director.
Please only apply if you have direct experience as a Design Director or similar within a creative agency/studio environment and have full Australian working rights.
Apply via email at firstname.lastname@example.org