JOB TYPE: Permanent full-time or part-time, immediate start
PARTNERS IN CRIME: Illustrators
We’re on the search for a gun Senior Motion Designer to join our team.
The ideal candidate will be a self sufficient motion designer/animator with strong creative, project management and admin skills, who is eager to take ownership of projects, takes pride in their work, is open to collaboration, able to think outside of the box. They will be adaptable to a variety of design styles and animation, and are always looking to advance their skills with a continual desire to improve on each new project.They will exceed expectations with their creative delivery, and will be well versed in 2D (3D animation skills will be highly regarded).
You’ll work closely with our Creative Director, Producer and Illustrator/Junior Motion Designer to create ambitious, trailblazing animations. As the most senior motion designer in our small & agile team, you will be responsible for inspiring & supporting those around you.
You’ll be responsible for
- Collaborating with the team to ideate in response to client briefs and provide thoughts & assets to contribute to proposal documents in response to client briefs.
- Working with the Creative Director and Producer in order to complete jobs successfully on deadline and to brief.
- Successfully delivering your creative vision for projects we propose to clients.
- Overseeing and mentoring the Junior Motion Designer, helping them to continue to grow and develop their skills.
- Assisting Producers in the quoting phases by providing accurate time estimates to briefs.
- Staying up-to-date with the industry to provide the team with references, styles and techniques to push creative ideas.
- Successfully implementing new styles, techniques & technologies.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Expert-level knowledge of the Adobe Creative suite (specifically AfterEffects and Premiere Pro, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Skills including but not limited to breaking down scripts to the direction of the animation, storyboarding, illustration, multiple animation styles, recording voice overs, music sourcing, sound design and sound mixing.
- Experience in C4D is considered a bonus.
And ideally you’ll look something like this:
- 5+ years experience as a Senior Creative in the motion graphics field.
- Strong verbal, written & visual communication skills.
- Experience leading a small team of creatives, and providing professional support, mentorship and development for junior staff.
- Strong storytelling skills.
- An open-minded approach to thinking about unique ways to tell clients stories.
- A passion for video and motion content, with a continuous drive to push the creative boundaries and try new styles/technology.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your passion for creating high quality and diverse content.
- Have a head for troubleshooting technical issues and tricky feedback.
- A passion for big ideas and storytelling
- The ability to brief our in-house illustrator to create suitable assets for animation.
- The ability to work collaboratively in a creative team environment both remotely and in the studio.
- Diligence to hit deadlines, and offer suggestions to streamline and improve team processes.
- Ability to work calmly under tight deadlines.
- Understand and apply team and client feedback diplomatically.
- Impeccable time management skills to work towards production plans.
But primarily, you are a good human being who enjoys time with other good human beings.
If this sounds like you, you might be our future Senior Motion Designer.
Please only apply if you have direct experience as a Motion Designer within a creative agency/studio environment and have full Australian working rights.
Apply via email at firstname.lastname@example.org