JOB TYPE: Full time, hybrid
BFFs: Creative Directors
PARTNERS IN CRIME: Client Services team
VICE: Asking why?
Do you love delving into people’s habits & motivations? Are you interested in the way brands interrelate with culture? As a leading independent brand and creative agency in Sydney, this is what we spend a lot of our time pondering.
We’re looking for a new razor-sharp Strategic Planner to support our clients across a wide range of projects including current clients, new business, and Chello’s brand.
The role works closely with clients and teams to define clear goals, develop strategies, contribute to and nurture great ideas, and measure the performance to optimise strategies over time. You’re responsible for driving the strategic direction of work; analysing trends, markets, and competitors’ strategies, delivering robust and differentiated communication strategies and campaign plans.
You’ll collaborate with the Creative Directors, Copywriting and Design Leads and Client Service in developing responses to briefs, proposals, communication strategies, workshops and reports. You’re responsible for uncovering opportunities within client accounts, and presenting this vision to clients.
You’ll have a range of methodologies, tools and frameworks that you apply to process which will assist in navigating complex problems and challenges. You’re are a big picture thinker who can also delve deep into the detail, strong idea generator, and problem-solver with excellent communication and self-drive.
You provide the creative team with a clearly defined brief that contains concise information on the product, audience and strategy so that they can develop creative ideas applicable to the channels that will promote the idea most effectively.
We offer the space for you to be an individual, form part of a truly creative team of people. And a whole heap of benefits – paid time and budget towards learning & development, annual retreats and a bunch of fun social activities.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Conducting research and analysis
- Developing strategies and plans
- Presenting to clients
- Collaborating with creative teams and writing briefs
- Developing opportunities and reports
- Contributing to Chello’s unique voice in the market
We’re looking for someone who has some kick-ass traits:
- A natural curiosity, a strong work ethic and a hunger
- An ability to research a topic online at a detailed level
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- The ability to simplify information
- The ability to work both collaboratively with the team or independently
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a can-do attitude
- Passion for creativity, in your approach and the pride you take in your work
- Attention to detail to ensure we deliver on expectation, quality and on time
- Self-management, forward-thinking and proactivity
- Relevant experience in a strategy role within an agency environment is required.
At Chello we live & breathe our values:
Be the most curious person you know; Good company makes a good company; Say what you mean, mean what you say and Stay hungry.
If all of this sounds like you, and you’re a good human, who likes to hang around with good humans, we’d love to hear from you.
Please only apply if you have full Australian working rights and are in the Sydney region.
Apply by sending an email to: email@example.com with the subject line Strategy Planner